Reveal Imager Sarasota
The Reveal Imager provides you with a computerized in-depth analysis of your skin. This scientific skin analysis will be used to help develop your personalized skin treatment program (eg BBL, HALO, NanoLaserPeel, HydraFacial, chemical peels, Cosmelan Skin Depigmentation Therapy) and skin care regimen. Reveal Imaging can also provide valuable insight into the effectiveness of your skin care treatments.
Reveal Skin Complexion Analysis
With special imaging technology, our Reveal Imager will digitally capture various properties of your skin using standard white light and cross-polarized flash photography to analyze:
- Skin irregularities, which appear on the surface of the skin. Most are red or brown lesions like age spots, scars, freckles or blemishes. These irregularities can be improved with exfoliation to encourage skin cell turnover.
- Brown spots, which indicate melanin concentrations on or below the skin. These brown spots are hyperpigmentation due to sun damage or melasma.
- Wrinkles, which are creases, folds or furrows of the skin that increase over time and result from sun exposure, smoking or natural aging. Fine lines show as light green and deep wrinkles show as dark green lines.
- Skin texture, which measures the smoothness of your skin by identifying valleys and hills. Raised areas — including blackheads, dead skin and pimples — show in yellow while indentions like fine lines, pores and open follicles show in blue.
- Pores are the surface openings of sweat and oil gland ducts. Reveal distinguishes pores from spots based on their size. Clusters of pores may indicate that you have oily or acne-prone skin.
- UV spots, which are the result of overexposure to sunlight.
- Red areas/Vascular, which are broken or weak capillaries. The Reveal skin profile shows sub-surface vascular conditions like acne, rosacea or spider veins.
- Porphyrins, or a build-up of natural oil and bacteria, can lead to acne.
These categories will then be analyzed as a percentile score by comparing your complexion against other people of the same gender, age and skin type. The higher your percentage, the better your skin in these common problem areas.
Our team will review and discuss these images with you to recommend a personalized skin care regime to further improve your skin health, complexion and texture.
What to Expect
Reveal Skin Complexion Analysis is performed as a one-on-one consultation with our professionals. The imaging process takes just minutes, and you will be asked to remove makeup and sunscreen to obtain accurate imaging. The Reveal Imager will be used to take several close-up photos of your face. You will receive immediate results as a percentile score for UV damage, pores, wrinkles, skin pigmentation and more. We will give you a comprehensive explanation of the condition of your skin and answer any questions. This skin analysis will be used with your skin care goals to develop a personalized treatment approach.