The new shape of body contouring without surgery.
SculpSure is a breakthrough in fast, affordable and non-invasive laser body contouring designed to reduce stubborn fat in problem areas such as the stomach and love handles, helping you achieve a slimmer and natural looking appearance without surgery or downtime. It’s the world’s first and only FDA-cleared treatment for non-invasive laser lipolysis (use of laser light energy to target and destroy fat cells) of the flanks and abdomen.
Over 85% of women and 72% percent of men in the United States are unhappy with their physical appearance. And 69% of women and 52% of men indicate that their stomach is a source of anxiety. Even with diet and exercise, most people have stubborn pockets of fat that seem impossible to lose. SculpSure’s laser-based body contouring technology targets and destroys fat cells in just 25 minutes without affecting your skin. Over time, these damaged fat cells from a SculpSure quick and painless treatment are naturally absorbed and removed from the body. Clinical studies show results seen as quickly as six weeks, and optimal results typically seen at 12 weeks. There is no recovery time following treatment, so you can resume your daily activities immediately.
SculpSure uses specially-designed laser applicators to treat the fat in a targeted area of the body without burning the skin. During the SculpSure procedure, the laser applicators are placed on the body for 25 minutes. The laser delivers a specific wavelength of light energy that is absorbed by fatty tissue beneath the skin (adipocytes or fat cells) – as the light energy is absorbed the fatty tissue begins to emulsify, adipocytes are irreversibly injured and the body’s natural clearing process for damaged tissue (fat in this case) begins. A natural slimming of the treated body area(s) occurs over time as this process unfolds.
Key Benefits of SculpSure:
- Non-invasive, non-surgical technique—no needles and no need for numbing.
- Revolutionary transcutaneous (through the skin) delivery of laser energy to unwanted fat.
- Quick, 25-minute one-time procedure.
- Treats love handles (flanks), abdomen and other body areas.
- Zero downtime – resume all activities immediately.
- Comfortable and well tolerated.
- Effective with over 90% patient satisfaction rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is a non-invasive laser –based body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen and love handles. The 25 minute procedure destroys up to 24% of treated fat cells without surgery.1
Is SculpSure right for me?
SculpSure is ideal for people with excess fat beneath the skin that has been resistant to diet and exercise.
How many treatments will I need?
Every patient is different. Your treatment provider will develop a customized treatment plan to meet your desired goals. Ask your treatment provider about the treatment plan that is right for you.
What should I expect during the treatment?
Most patients feel a tingling sensation intermittently throughout the treatment which is generally well-tolerated.
When will I see results?
Patients may start to see results as early as 6 weeks following treatment as the body begins to remove the destroyed fat cells, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks.
How long will results last?
Treated fat cells are destroyed during the treatment and will not regenerate.
How long before I can resume normal activities?
There is no downtime with SculpSure, so you can have the treatment during your lunch hour and return to work immediately.
What is the difference between fat loss and weight loss?
The number of fat cells stored in our bodies typically remain constant throughout adult life. As we lose weight, the size of fat cells become smaller, but do not decrease in number. Even with diet and exercise, many people have difficulty losing weight in these trouble areas. After the SculpSure treatment, approximately 24% of the treated fat cells are destroyed and will not return.2
*Individual results may vary
Get rid of stubborn fat you can’t lose with diet and exercise alone. Call Holcomb – Kreithen Plastic Surgery & Dermatology of Sarasota, Florida, today to schedule your consultation for SculpSure™.
1. Temperature reached during treatment (42-47ºC) necessary to damage structural integrity of cell membranes leading to delayed adipocyte death(a, b, c)
- Moussa N, Tell E, Cravalho E. Time progression of hemolysis or erythrocyte populations exposed to supraphysiologic temperatures.” J Biomech Eng 1979, 101:213-217.
- Gaylor, DC. “Physical mechanism of celluar injury in electrical trauma” Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Ph. D. Dissertation. (1989).
- Franco W et al. “Hyperthermic injury to adipocyte cells by selective heating of subcutaneous fat with a novel radiofrequency device: Feasibility studies.” Lasers Surg. Med. 2010, 42:361-370
2. Single treatment of average reduction in fat volume as measured by MRI; Clinical and Histological Evaluations of a 1060nm Laser Device for Non-Invasive Fat Reduction – John W. Decorato, MD., F A C S. Rafael Sierra, Ph.D., Bo Chen, Ph.D., Westford, MA, 2014